Motor Trade Insurance

What is Motor Trade Insurance?

Motor Trade Insurance policies are designed to cover those who earn their living by selling, buying, repairing or generally doing anything related to cars vans or motorbikes. Motor trade insurance will provide cover for small, big or even part-time motor traders.

Typical Cover

Polices can be tailored to your needs typically would look to include the following areas of cover:

  • Buildings/Tenants improvements
  • Machinery and contents cover
  • Cover for customers vehicles
  • Stock
  • Employers Liability
  • Public Liability
  • Products Liability
  • cover for lifting platforms
  • Road Risks
  • Directors & Officers Liability

Claims Examples

  • You hit a bollard with your customer’s vehicle whilst driving it in the forecourt
  • A customer trips and dents a vehicle in the forecourt.

Do I really need motor traders Insurance?

Vehicles are required by law to be properly insured. A motor trade policy only mentions the driver to be insured (not the vehicle) so you are permitted to drive any vehicle as long as it is for motor trade purposes. Whether you are driving a vehicle that belongs to you, or a customer’s vehicle that is under your control and custody, you would be covered.

How will Dixons Commercial Insurance Brokers Help?

Our team of experienced insurance brokers will discuss your current insurance arrangements.  Once we have gathered all the relevant risk information we will present your risk to our panel of insurers and report back to you will our recommendation leaving you comfort of knowing your business is covered correctly and at the most competitive premiums available via our insurers

Get A Quote

Latest News

23rd August 2019
Fleet GAP Insurance
Find Out More
1st August 2019
Flood Warning Issued
Find Out More
30th July 2019
Landlords Insurance Protection
Find Out More