Buildings Insurance

What is Buildings Insurance?

Buildings Insurance covers a property owner from financial loss losses connected with rental property. The policy usually covers the buildings in the event of Accidental damage, escape of water, flood and much more. with the option of insuring any contents that belong to the landlord that are inside.

It is really import that policy holders insure the buildings for the true rebuild value to ensure they are covered correctly, if the sum insured is to low then you could find that insurers apply average to the claim. On the flip side, if you are insure the property then you are likely to be paying to much in premium.

If you are struggling to determine your rebuild values then we would recommend clicking here

Claims Examples

  1. An angry tenant puts his foot through the plaster on the wall. Malicious damage by the tenant is an optional extra that can be included.
  2. A leaking or burst pipe can cause significant damage, and can affect multiple properties if a bathroom leak begins to drip into the flat below.
  3. A fire cause damage to the building resulting the property to be reinstated

Do I really need Landlord Buildings Insurance?

While you are not legally required to have landlord buildings insurance in the UK, you may need it to uphold your mortgage terms or for financial protection. It is a worthwhile product for peace of mind.


Get A Quote