No Deal Brexit!

Driving in the EU in the Event of a no deal Brexit

It is increasingly likely we will have a No Deal Brexit on the 29th March 2019. At Dixons Commercial Insurance we want to make sure our clients with Fleet Insurance are aware of what will be required of them going forward without an agreement in place and how is this going to affect your business driving in the EU?

Driving in the EU?

A no-deal Brexit will mean that you will need a physical document, known as a Green Card, to drive in most European countries in the future. It will be a legal requirement to carry a Green Card if driving in any EU country or Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, Serbia and Andorra. If you are planning on driving in the EU in the near future, on (or around) the 29th March, you will need to call us before your departure so we can arrange a Green Card.

What is a Green Card?

The Green Card has information about your vehicle such as its licence plate number and demonstrates that you have the necessary minimum motor insurance cover in place to be on the road. Drivers have to physically carry the Green Card (printed on green paper) with them. A separate Green Card will be required for all trailers, but please be aware that all commercial trailers of 750kg or over and any trailer of 3500kg or over, must be individually registered if being used outside of the UK. Please let us know the details of all trailers being used outside the UK.

How Can We Help

Come the 29th March 2019 all will be come clear surrounding Britain’s Exit from the European Union, Dixon’s will be working alongside Insurers to ensure that if a Green Card is required, it will be issued in plenty of time. If you have any doubt about your fleet and would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact us below.